The Georgia State Oriental Medicine Association is an organization for licensed Acupuncturists in Georgia. Our purpose is:
- To serve as the official representative of, and spokesperson for the licensed Acupuncturist in Georgia
- To establish where necessary, and maintain where existing, the practice of acupuncture and Oriental Medicine as a separate and distinct primary care field of Medicine in the state of Georgia.
- To protect in every way not contrary to law, the philosophy, science, and art of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, and the professional welfare of its Members.
- To educate legislators, regulators, and the general public regarding the nature and scope of the practice of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
- To develop and maintain, when deemed necessary, and in the manner deemed by the Board of Directors, standards of ethics, education and professional competence; health research programs and inter-professional relationships.